Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beach Glass Star Fish Ornaments

I was inspired by Dana's blog, Made, and this clever tutorial she posted to make St. Patrick's Day Shamrocks. I loved the shamrocks, and the idea, and decided to follow her tutorial but add an Alaskan twist! Click here to find her shamrock tutorial, and on her name, (above) to check out her blog!

I LOVE how my beach glass starfish turned out!

We are never at a shortage for beach glass, (collected by my babes) and I love using the collected glass in projects where the kids can help!
I hand sewed my starfish so that I could use a variegated twine, but a sewing machine would be quick and easy too!

These colors are the perfect palette for a gorgeous starfish!

I plan to list these lovely ornaments in our etsy shop later in the year, so check back closer to Christmas time!

1 comment:

  1. so cool! Thanks for sharing with me! Great idea.
    Upload a photo to the flickr group. I would love it!
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1107392@N23/pool/

    ReplyDelete