Monday, April 12, 2010

Signs for Those Alaskan Girls, and How to Make Your Own!!

I have been rummaging around in my craft room, finding old craft supplies I have had forever, and seeing if I can start using them for ThoseAlaskanGirls. I painted this cute little sign for Rayana's SLUGS, and am now really motivated to see what else I can create without buying any new materials!



Want to know how to make your own sign?? Here is a VERY easy and QUICK way to do it, and all you need is a pencil! First I started with Rayana's SLUGS tag...




I enlarged her logo until it was the size I wanted it to be for the sign, and printed it out. It is fine if it gets a bit pixelated, because you just need a general idea.




Then you flip your paper over and scribble all over the back side of each of your letters or images to be transferred. You even get to color outside of the lines! :) Don't take your sweet time on this, just scribble scribble scribble.




Flip your paper over again, lay your logo on to your piece of wood, exactly where you want the letters to be, (take your time on this part). Trace over your letters with your pencil. You don't even have to press very hard!


Lift up the paper, and marvel at your beautiful transfer lines! They will be faint, and ready for paint! Grab your paints and a tiny paintbrush and fill in your lines! You may have to erase some pencil lines after your paint is dry, (if you don't completely cover them with paint.)
Seriously, half an hour later, you will be very proud and impressed with your beautiful work of art! I think these signs are going to look great in our festival displays, and will really call attention to our many different items. I will post more signs as I complete them!
Ciao ciao,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment