Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HOO do you LOVE? Crochet Owl Hat

HOO do you love? This little owl perhaps?

There are so many adorable owl hats on Etsy, and I decided to try my hand at making one! It is really just a few simple shapes, but together they turn into the cutest little face! If you need some instruction on shapes, check out Crochet Pattern Central for patterns at no charge. If you already know how to crochet circles and triangles, then what are you waiting for??!!

This yarn is amazingly thick, soft and luxurious! I attached the beak (triangles) only at the top so that it would stick out and add character! I know it is an obvious thing, but make sure you always attach your "add ons" and embellishments very sturdily so that they can't be removed by little fingers!

I think this hat would be equally perfect for a little boy or girl!!

If you want to check out some of my other original crochet patterns for inspiration, click below. I don't include tutorials because I am definitely not a master crocheter. All of my designs are constructed with simple shapes, because I do not like to follow patterns. Hopefully the images will inspire you to make a fantastic new hat for your little one! Remember you can always unravel if it just doesn't work!

Pirate

Ol' Fashioned Sock Monkey Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment