Saturday, August 22, 2015

No Heat Hair Experiments!!

I've been experimenting with no heat curl options and figured I would share some of my favorites!  The curls below were the result of sleeping in Curl Former curlers.  Not a comfortable night of sleep necessarily but the curls were fantastic!  They still looked great at the end of the day, and even when I woke up the second day! 

These next results are from braiding damp hair into two Dutch braids before bed and taking them out in the morning.  This was quick and easy and created pretty, less structured curls.

I was surprised I had never heard of plopping, (having had this hair my whole life!). ;). I used a stretchy long sleeve tshirt and tied the bottom corners around the base of my head.  Then you bunch all of your hair up and roll the shirt to tighten around hair and knot to keep in place.  (At first I was thinking the shirt was supposed to function as some kind of curler however it actually works like a scruncher.)  I took it out before my hair was totally dry and it just kept getting curlier and curlier as it dried!  Also this was not bad to sleep in!


What are your favorite no heat options for your hair?

1 comment: